Everyone knows why it is essential to add a moisturizer in their skin care regimen.
In fact, keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized should be the top New Year resolution for a lot of women. But do you know that buying the wrong product can damage your skin instead of benefitting it?
Yes, it’s true! If you don’t know what to look for in a moisturizer and what the top rated moisturizers in the market are, then you have come to the right place.
What should you look for in a moisturizing cream?
- Ceramides: These are lipids found naturally on the skin’s surface. Their job is to hold skin cells and create a protective layer that keeps moisture from escaping. It loses as we age and due to exposure to harsh environments.
- Humectants: These are molecules that draw water into the skin from the surrounding atmosphere, leading to slight swelling. This makes skin smoother and healthier. Some common ingredients with properties of humectants include glycerin, aloe vera gel, sorbitol, and sodium hyaluronate.
- Occlusives: These ingredients are oily in texture and produce a physical barrier on the skin surface preventing moisture from being lost. Because they have a rich oily texture they save the skin from dry and cold winter.
- Hyaluronic acid: It is a substance our skin produces naturally. When applied topically it moisturizes skin and maintains its elasticity. It creates a moisture barrier on the skin making it appear glowy and brighter.
Five moisturizing facial creams for winter dry skin
Here are five gentle facial creams for winter ready skin.
1. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisturizing Cream
Are you on a lookout for a facial cream that is especially made to treat your skin in super dry and cold weather?
Try the body shop’s vitamin E intense moisture cream. It is rich in vitamin E, aloe vera, and shea butter. The new formula contains plumping hyaluronic acid combined with wheat germ oil. These ingredients are a savior from this intense weather.
The mild floral fragrance moisture cream in the baby pink plastic jar looks really appealing. This facial cream claims 72 hour hydration. With regular use your skin will feel considerably improved with no signs of flakiness. Get it for $29.50.
2. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
If you are looking for a non-greasy long lasting creamy moisturizer that doesn’t cost you an arm and length then buy Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel cream or $16.97 only.
It’s a popular product among customers because of its lightweight formulation, but it also gets praised for its cost effectiveness and its ability to replenish dry and flaky skin instantly.
What’s the best thing about this product?
No matter whether your skin dry, oily, acne-prone, or combination, this product suits all types of skin. It packs a heavy dose of hyaluronic acid which is needed by everyone.
3. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream
Kiehl is a skin care brand that promises products made with natural ingredients. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream is a lightweight moisturizing cream to get ultra strong skin in winter season.
It is a source of moisture for dry skin even in severely rough conditions by attracting the moisture from the air into the skin. This Custom Facial Cream is rich in humectant ingredients that do this job.
This cream provides you moisture-balanced skin round the clock and is available for $32.
4. Avène’s Tolérance Extrême Cream
The Avene Tolerance Extreme Cream is a rich but non-greasy formula that fuses with the skin optimally and gives a radiant look. This ultra-soothing cream contains essential ingredients that can calm your hot and prickly skin instantly.
The product also claims to be designed for hyper sensitive irritated skin. It does not contain parabens, preservatives, and fragrances that can trigger any kind of reactions.
Skin care experts call it a minimalist cream because it only contains ingredients that a skin needs. The rich creamy texture lotion contains thermal water, mineral oil, seed oil, squalane, glycerin. It is available for $38 only.
5. Olay Moisturizing Cream
Olay is known for its great anti-aging skin products. Heard about Olay moisturizing cream? It is a very soft and smooth texture facial cream that deeply moisturizes and beautifies your skin.
People who use Custom Skin Care Products according to their skin requirements tend to see good results over time. Olay uses moisture binding system locks the necessary moisture leaving it replenished and supple in dry weather.
It has a very light Olay signature fragrance and keeps your skin plump for up to 12 hours. It can be used as a day and night cream or you can apply it before your makeup.
This winter season make sure you treat your skin the right way. Use one of our top picks and get soft and supple skin.