High-quality decals for dirt bikes have become increasingly popular over time. What was once considered a specialty item that was only reserved for hard-core teams and riders is now available to the wide masses. Dirt bike decals can be used for a variety of reasons.
Emulating a favorite team or rider, making your own team look their best, or even just showing off one’s individuality to the world. However, navigating the world of dirt bike decals can be a bit nerve-racking. After all, how does one know they’re getting the best quality product? Here is a short guide to help you navigate through the process of getting your decal.
Choosing Your Dirt Bike Decals
While to many this might be the most obvious first step, choosing your decal can result in a variety of looks for your dirt bike. With options that include completely premade, brand endorsing designs, and a completely customized team look you want to ensure that you choose what is right for you.
There is also the fact that not every decal is created as one size fits all. There are a variety of dirt bike brands which in turn means that there is a variety of decals that are available in a wide arrangement of shapes and sizes. When picking out your decals make sure that they are made for your specific dirt bike.
Knowing What You Want from a Bike Decal Kit
Choosing a dirt bike decal based solely on how it will look is only half the battle. You also have to put into consideration how durable it will be as well as how it reacts to the conditions that it will face during riding. When looking for dirt bike decals take into consideration the following
- Is it made from durable or tough material?
- Does it use a low surface energy adhesive?
- How does it react to materials such as mud, and rocks being knocked into it?
If you want graphics on your dirtbike, your best plan of action for this step is to read reviews and testimonials from people who have purchased the graphics kits you are considering. After all, the best way to ensure quality is to follow the advice of experienced customers.
Installing Your Decals
When receiving your decals, you may be tempted to start immediately placing them on your dirt bike. While we understand that it is exciting to get these items one must also understand that this is not the best way to go about this as there is also a process to installation. Here are the steps one should take when preparing to install their dirt bike decals.
- Check the package and ensure that each piece is there.
- After ensuring that you have a completed kit, ensure you got the correct kit for your bike by lining the decal pieces up to your dirt bike. Mistakes are very likely to happen during the shipping process, and you might end up with either an old model that doesn’t fit your brand of dirt bike anymore.
- After ensuring that all the pieces are present and that it is for the correct model of dirtbike you may begin to place the decals on your bike.
What Should I do if I Notice Something Wrong with my Decal?
If your kit is the wrong size, for the wrong bike, or simply not what you ordered, taking action should be simple. Contact customer support to find out the exact process for making an exchange. It’s also useful to learn about return policies before you make your purchase. Final note: always check your decals before you apply them. Once they are on your bike, you are stuck with the product.
Removing Your Old Decals
Whether you’re simply clearing up the space for the new decals you just ordered, or you decide that you don’t like the decals you put on anymore, removal of the old decals is a process you will want to familiarize yourself with. Here is a short guide on how to easily and safely remove the decals
Supplies needed: Heat gun or hairdryer, WD-40, isopropyl alcohol, and a microfiber cloth.
- Step 1. Use the heat gun or hair drying and begin carefully heating the decal. The heat will start to melt the adhesive, making it easier to peel away the decal. Make sure to keep the heat source moving to prevent burns as well as melting on any parts of your dirt bike. If you find that a particular spot of adhesive is giving your trouble
- Step 2. Now that you have removed the old decals you may notice that your dirt bike still has a thin layer of adhesive on it, which can cause a variety of issues such as; Making it difficult to install new decals, and attracting debris which can and will potentially ruin the look and feel of your dirt bike. To remove this adhesive, take your bike to a well-ventilated area. Then soak your microfiber cloth in the alcohol, and begin to carefully remove the adhesive from your bike.
Other liquids that work well for removing decals without causing more damage are paint thinners, acetone, as well as lighter fluid.
First make sure that you have the correct kit, as well as making sure that you have each piece that is needed. Second, make sure that you’re getting exactly what you want. Third, carefully begin to check the decal once again as you install it. Finally, when the time comes to remove it, make sure you take the proper steps and precautions.
At this point, you know all the ins and outs of searching for a good dirt bike decal. You know how to ensure you get a good quality product, as well as how to check and ensure that you have received the correct item. You have also learned how to both install and remove the decals on your dirtbike to ensure that each step goes easily for you both now and in the future. Now all that is left for you to do is go out and purchase a graphics kit that will really make your dirtbike stand out.