Have you been preparing for the Class 10 English exam and are not sure if NCERT books will be enough or not? In this article, we will help clear your confusion about the question. Needless to say, if you go through your NCERT books properly, you won’t face any problems in your Class 10 English exam.
When you are in class X, you might face confusion over selecting the best study material. After all, there are a lot of books other than the NCERT books available in the market. Some of these are worth reading and really lucrative. What you need to do is create a perfect roadmap that includes a mix of NCERT books and supplementary books. In this article, you will learn whether or not you can rely on NCERT books alone for your Class 10 English exam:
Is NCERT enough for your Class 10 English board exams?
When it comes to discussing whether or not it is feasible to rely only on NCERT books for your boards exams, the answer is “yes”. However, if you want to score well in your exams, it is best that you finish your NCERT books and then take some time for studying some supplementary books.
Needless to say, the questions in your board exams will be based on the concepts explained in your NCERT books. However, this doesn’t mean that finishing your NCERT books and NCERT solutions will be more than enough.
Reference books have an important role in helping you understand the subject. For instance, when it comes to English, you can use reference books for finding more writing assignments and reading passages. You might also find some tips to handle such questions better in the reference books.
That being said, it is important to note that the key material that you should be using for preparing for your class 10 English exam is your NCERT textbooks. This is because the exam will be based on NCERT books. If you properly study them, you won’t need any other supplementary material.
Scoring well in all the sections of the Class 10 English Exam
- Note making for unseen passage – This section can be very scoring and requires very little effort compared to other sections. If you want to save some time, you can read the questions first and then read the passage to find the answers while you are reading.
- Writing skills – For your English exam, it is important that you stick to the formats. Most of the questions will be for 10 marks, out of which 3 marks will be for the format. You have to go through sample letters to get the format exactly right. It will also help you understand how to present your answers and improve your thinking skills. Please note that board examiners usually have a preference for an exhaustive article with a lot of input and ideas by the student, instead of using fancy language to write simple, repetitive arguments.
- Grammar – The key to scoring well in this section is to practice more. You have to learn the basic rules and answer all the questions as you can. If you make a mistake, correct yourself and learn the right answer.
- Literature – When it comes to the literature section, you have to make notes by jotting down all the things your teacher is explaining. Please note that just getting an understanding of the chapter won’t be enough as you will have to write a long answer in your exam that is worth 7 to 10 marks. You have to practice writing such answers and solve previous year’s question papers. All the long answers should have an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. Your aim is to write 150 to 200 words long answers that are spread across 3 to 4 paragraphs.
Preparation plan for Class 10 English Exam
- Start early
As soon as your academic year begins, it is time for you to begin your preparation. You might think that you have a lot of time and you should start studying when the exams are close. This will result in you neglecting your studies. It is important that you plan your preparation and follow it. Implementing the preparation plan and studying accordingly should be a routine for you.
- Create a study plan
When you start your preparation, you have to start by making a study plan for the full year. Allot time for each section and try finishing it well before the exam. Your study plan should be created in a way that doesn’t make you feel hectic. Since you will be attending school, you should not create a time table with a packed up schedule. You will also have to allot time to other subjects. It is important to take breaks as well.
- Break your syllabus into achievable targets
The English syllabus of class 10 is vast and you can’t complete it in one go. You have to give yourself enough time for completing the syllabus. What you can do is set daily or weekly targets and achieve them. If you have more time, you can study a bit extra.
- Know the exam pattern and syllabus
Before you actually start studying, you should go through the syllabus and exam pattern carefully. List down the topics that you feel are easy and the ones that you feel are difficult. You have to give more time to concepts that are difficult for you. Make sure that you have the first flight class 10 pdf download along with the solutions.
- Be specific
While creating your study plan, you have to be specific about the topic you will be studying. For example, if you have allotted time for grammar, mention the specific topic in grammar that you will be working on. Don’t try to make a complex study plan. You want something that is easy and can be completed as per the target set by you.
- Take breaks
Taking frequent breaks is as important as sticking to your schedule. After every hour of studying, you should take a break of 5 to 10 minutes. Apart from this, you also have to eat and sleep well. Without enough sleep and proper food, you won’t be able to achieve your goals.
Apart from this, the only thing that you have to do is remain focused. Avoid distractions, stick to your schedule, use the NCERT books as the key material for studying and you will be able to score well in your Class 10 English exam.